Welcome to QL! These tutorials are aimed at complete beginners. They teach you , to help you learn how to write basic QL queries and introduce and introduce you to key logic concepts along the way.
To avoid downloading snapshots and libraries, you can use the query console on LGTM to run the tutorials directly. See the QL detective tutorials on LGTM for more details. However, if you prefer to run QL queries locally, you can also use a plugin for your IDE, see QL plugins and extensions for installation details. You also need to download the custom snapshot "QL-detective".
Import the "QL-detective" snapshot into Eclipse as follows:
- Open Eclipse.
- Click File > Import to open the Import dialog.
- Click General > Existing Projects into Workspace and click Next.
- Click Select archive file then click the associated Browse button.
- Select the zip archive QL-detective .zip and click Open.
- Select the project QL-detective and click Finish.
- In the list of projects in the Eclipse Project Explorer, right-click QL-detective.
- Click QL > Use this Database.
Currently the following tutorials are available:
- Find the thief—a three part mystery that introduces logical connectives, quantifiers and aggregates
- Catch the fire starter—an intriguing search that introduces predicates and classes
- Crown the rightful heir—a detective puzzle that introduces recursion
The QL detective tutorials have moved, and can now be found here.
- For a summary of available learning resources, see Learning QL.