QL for Visual Studio is a
LGTM for Visual Studio is a separate extension for downloading alerts from LGTM
QL for Visual Studio primarily supports running queries on snapshots downloaded from LGTM Enterprise, and snapshots created using the QL command-line tools.
To ensure your snapshots are compatible, make sure that the version numbers of QL for VS, LGTM Enterprise, and the QL command-line tools are the same. You may also analyze snapshots downloaded from LGTM.com, if they are compatible with your version of the
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 (available for download from https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/)
- QL for Visual Studio installer.
Currently this extension is available only as a licensed version. Contact your organization's system administrator for the QL for Visual Studio installer, or see the customer wiki (customer login required).
Installing the extension
QL for Visual Studio is installed by running a standard VSIX installer.
- Ensure that Visual Studio is closed.
- Double-click the QL for Visual Studio installer.
- In the VSIX Installer dialog box, you can see a list of all compatible versions of Visual Studio that were identified on the computer.
- Review the versions of Visual Studio displayed and select the applications that you want to add the extension to.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- On completion the dialog box is updated to show the result of the installation.
When you next open Visual Studio, you're ready to start using the extension.