These instructions explain how to install the licensed version of QL for Eclipse into an existing installation of Eclipse. If you don't have Eclipse installed already, see Installing QL for Eclipse standalone.
For information about the free-to-use version, see Installing the free-to-use QL for Eclipse plugin.
Before you can install and configure QL for Eclipse, you need:
- Eclipse version 4.3 or later. You can download Eclipse from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads.
- Eclipse configured to use a Java 8 JRE. See the Eclipse wiki for details of how to configure this.
Installing the licensed plugin using an update site
We recommend that you install the QL for Eclipse plugin using an update site. This makes it easy to check for updates to the plugin using the Help > Check for Updates option.
- Start Eclipse.
- Click Help > Install New Software.
- Click Add next to the list of update sites to display the Add Repository dialog box.
- In the Name text box, type
QL for Eclipse.
- In the Location text box, type the URL for the QL for Eclipse update site
. For your company's URL, contact your organization's Semmle administrator, or see the Semmle customer wiki (customer login required).
- When you have finished defining the Name and Location, click OK.
- Expand Semmle Products and select the components that you want to install:
- QL for Eclipse—contains the core functionality of the plugin.
- QL for Eclipse Graph/Treemap Visualization and Reporting—optional, provides additional visualizations.
- QL for Eclipse Language Libraries—allows you to write queries for the specified language.
- QL for Eclipse License—contains the license agreement for the software.
- Click Next to display a summary of the software to be installed.
- Click Next to display the license conditions.
- When you are ready to accept the license agreement and install the software, click Finish.
- When the installation finishes, you are prompted to restart Eclipse to complete the process. We recommend that you click Restart Now unless you need to save some changes before restarting Eclipse.
When Eclipse restarts, you're ready to use QL for Eclipse.
Alternatively, you can install the licensed version of QL for Eclipse using a local archive. To do this, use the above instructions with steps 4 and 5 modified as follows:
- Click the Archive button and select the zip archive that you would like to use. Click OK.
- When the archive path is displayed in the Location box, click OK.