These instructions are for the free-to-use version of QL for Eclipse, which you can use to analyze snapshots downloaded from LGTM.com. To analyze closed source software, you should use the licensed version. For further information about installing the licensed version, see Installing the licensed QL for Eclipse plugin.
Before you can install and configure QL for Eclipse, you need:
- Eclipse version 4.3 or later. You can download Eclipse from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads.
- Eclipse configured to use Java 8 JRE or later, excluding versions 11.0.0–11.0.2. See the Eclipse wiki for details of how to configure this.
Installing using the LGTM.com update site
- Start Eclipse.
- Click Help > Install New Software.
- Click Add next to the list of update sites to display the Add Repository dialog box.
- In the Name text box, type
QL for Eclipse.
- In the Location text box, type the URL for the QL for Eclipse update site
- When you have finished defining the Name and Location, click OK.
- Expand Semmle Products and select the components that you want to install:
- QL for Eclipse—contains the core functionality of the plugin.
- QL for Eclipse Graph/Treemap Visualization and Reporting—optional, provides additional visualizations.
- QL for Eclipse Language Libraries—allows you to write queries for the specified language.
- QL for Eclipse License—contains the license agreement for the software.
- Click Next to display a summary of the software to be installed.
- Click Next to display the license conditions.
- When you are ready to accept the license agreement and install the software, click Finish.
- When the installation finishes, you are prompted to restart Eclipse to complete the process. We recommend that you click Restart Now unless you need to save some changes before restarting Eclipse.
When Eclipse restarts, you're ready to use QL for Eclipse.