Once you have downloaded or created a snapshot of a project, you are ready to import it into Eclipse and select it for use in QL for Eclipse.
Importing snapshots into Eclipse
- Click File > Import to open the Import dialog box.
- Click General > Existing Projects into Workspace and click Next.
- Click Select archive file then click the associated Browse button.
- Select the snapshot zip archive that you
downloaded or created, typically named
- Select the projects that you want to import and click Finish.
Using a snapshot
If a snapshot is available for use in QL for Eclipse, it shows up in the Project Explorer with a purple QL icon ().
You can right-click it and select QL > Use This Database.
The selected database is marked with Current DB in the Project Explorer. For example:
If you import an older snapshot into QL for Eclipse, you should upgrade the snapshot before using it. For instructions and more information, see Upgrading a snapshot.
To find out how to run a standard Semmle query on your project, see Running a query.
To write your own queries, see Running a quick query.