When a new version of Mend is released we recommend that you upgrade to the new version to ensure that you benefit from any new features or improvements.
- Close Visual Studio.
- Double-click on the new Semmle Mend for Visual Studio installer.
- In the VSIX Installer dialog box, a list of all compatible versions of Visual Studio identified on the computer is displayed.
- Review the versions of Visual Studio displayed and select all the applications that you want to extend to include Mend.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- On completion the dialog box is updated to show the result of the installation.
When you update the Semmle Mend for Visual Studio plugin, all analysis results are cleared.
To redisplay alerts for different types of configuration:
- Dashboard—if Refresh alerts automatically is enabled then alerts will be reloaded automatically from the Project Insight URL when the update process is complete. If Refresh alerts automatically is disabled then you need to start analysis using one of the Refresh 'ConfigName' commands available from the Semmle menu.
- Local C/C++ or C#—start analysis using one of the Refresh 'ConfigName' commands available from the Semmle menu.