This topic describes how to install the Semmle Mend for Visual Studio extensions.
Before you can install and configure Semmle Mend for Visual Studio, you need:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, 2015 or 2017.
- A Semmle Mend for Visual Studio installer, available from the private wiki (customer login required).
Semmle Mend for Visual Studio supports the download of alerts from Project Insight. A separate
Installing an extension
Semmle Mend for Visual Studio is installed by running a standard VSIX installer.
- Download the required install files from the private wiki (customer login required). The available files are:
- semmle-mend-vs-dashboard-X.X.X.vsix—required for download analysis.
- semmle-mend-vs-local-X.X.X.vsix—required for local analysis for C/C++, C# and download analysis.
- semmle-mend-vs-dashboard-X.X.X.vsix or
When you next start Visual Studio, Semmle Mend for Visual Studio is ready to be configured to show results from one of the following:
- A Project Insight dashboard
- Locally performed analysis of C/C++ and C# projects
See Configuring Mend for Visual Studio to display results from Project Insight or Configuring local analysis in Mend for details of how to set up Mend for Visual Studio.