This topic describes how to install the Semmle Mend for IntelliJ plugin.
Before you can install and configure Semmle Mend for IntelliJ, you need:
- IntelliJ 14.0 or later versions.
- Install file(s) provided by Semmle, that are available from the private wiki (customer login required).
Semmle Mend for IntelliJ supports the download of alerts from Project Insight. A separate
Installing the plugin
- Download the required install files from the private wiki (customer login required). The available files are:
- semmle-mend-intellij-dashboard-1.20.zip—required for download and local analysis
- semmle-mend-intellij-java-1.20.zip—required for local analysis only
- If you use Windows on a PC, click File > Settings. The Settings dialog box is displayed.
- If you are a Mac user, click IntelliJ IDEA > Preferences. The Preferences dialog box is displayed.
- semmle-mend-intellij-dashboard-1.20.zip or
When IntelliJ has restarted, Semmle Mend for IntelliJ is ready to be configured to show results from one of the following:
- A Project Insight dashboard
- Locally performed analysis of Java projects
See Configuring Mend for IntelliJ to display results from Project Insight or Configuring local analysis in Mend for details of how to set up Mend for IntelliJ.