IDE integration for LGTM
There are two types of IDE integration available with LGTM:
- To download alerts from LGTM, and fix them directly in your IDE, use the LGTM plugins/extensions.
- To write and run queries locally in your IDE, and see results directly in your workspace, use the CodeQL for Visual Studio Code extension.
Viewing alerts in your browser is useful, but it's better to have the information available in your IDE when you edit code.
The LGTM IDE plugins/extensions make it easy to view and fix existing problems as you're editing code. We offer LGTM plugins for Eclipse and IntelliJ, and an LGTM extension for Visual Studio.
Visual Studio extension
About the IDE plugins/extensions
Each IDE plugin/extension is easy to configure to download alerts for one or more projects. By default, alerts are automatically refreshed with the latest information from LGTM when new data is available.
|LGTM for Eclipse||Eclipse current version, or one of the two previous major versions|
|LGTM for IntelliJ||IntelliJ version 14.0|
|LGTM for Visual Studio||Visual Studio 2013, 2015, and 2017|
The plugins/extensions support all the languages that can be analyzed by LGTM Enterprise.
You can download the install files from the following locations on GitHub.com:
- For Eclipse: https://github.com/Semmle/lgtm-enterprise-eclipse-binaries/releases
- For IntelliJ: https://github.com/Semmle/lgtm-enterprise-intellij-binaries/releases
- For Visual Studio: https://github.com/Semmle/lgtm-enterprise-visualstudio-binaries/releases
Make sure you download the version of the plugin or extension that corresponds to the version of LGTM Enterprise you're using. To check the version of your LGTM Enterprise instance, see What version of LGTM am I currently using?
Contact your LGTM administrator if you need further assistance.
With CodeQL for VS Code, you can write your own semantic code analysis using the QL query language in your IDE. You can download CodeQL databases (previously known as QL snapshots) from LGTM Enterprise, add them to your workspace, and use them with the CodeQL extension.
For more information on the CodeQL for VS Code extension, see Running queries in your IDE.
Contact your LGTM administrator if you want to install the CodeQL for VS Code extension.
For details on the LGTM plugins/extensions, open LGTM Enterprise, search for "plugin" or "extension" and filter results to show topics in the embedded help.