QL is the query language that underpins Semmle's analysis. See the following resources to learn more about the QL language.
You can try out QL online in the LGTM.com query console. Alternatively, write and run QL queries locally using the tools listed below.
- Learning QL—an overview of the available QL tutorials and reference topics
- QL language handbook—a user-friendly guide explaining the main concepts and syntactic constructs of the QL language
- QL language specification—the formal specification of the QL language, describing terminology, syntax and other technical details
- Semmle rules—the standard queries included in all Semmle products
- QL for Eclipse—a plugin for Eclipse that lets you write and run QL queries locally, and see results directly in your workspace
- QL for VS—an extension for Visual Studio that lets you write and run QL queries locally, and see results directly in your workspace
- Semmle Core—a collection of tools for building and analyzing software projects