QL is the query language that underpins Semmle's analysis.
You can try out QL online in the query console on LGTM.com or locally using the QL tools.
Visit the resources below to learn more.
- Learn QL—An overview of tutorials to help you learn to write QL.
- QL for Eclipse—A plugin for Eclipse that lets you write and run QL queries locally, and see results directly in your workspace.
- QL for VS—An extension for Visual Studio that lets you write and run QL queries locally, and see results directly in your workspace.
- QL command-line tools—A collection of command-line tools for building and analyzing software projects.
- LGTM.com—Analyze your open-source projects on LGTM, our software engineering analytics platform.
- The built in QL queries—An overview of the standard QL queries included in most recent release of the Semmle tools.
- Contribute QL—Visit our open-source repository on GitHub.com to learn how to contribute to the QL libraries and queries.
- QL language handbook—A user-friendly guide explaining the main concepts and syntactic constructs of the QL language.
- QL specifications—The formal specifications of the QL language and QLDoc comments, describing terminology, syntax and other technical details.
- QL style guide—A description of how to format QL code for easy readability and maintenance.